Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) designs have evolved and advanced over the years. Each new generation has seen improvements in performance and reductions in operating and capital costs, as well as the addition of unique features and benefits. However, too frequently, many of the these features were lost in the next generation’s design, until recently with NESTEC MCC RTO/RCO DESIGN.
NESTEC’s staff, including the President, have grown up with the RTO/RCO evolution. With every new project, we bring decades of experience with these technologies.
The NESTEC MCC RTO/RCO combines the best working features to achieve maximum performance for less:
- Simple, Rugged fast acting Poppet Valves
- Single actuator per chamber
- Minimization of un-combusted VOC during chamber reversal (switch)
- Least possible valve leakage
- Easy access
- Uniform airflow design
- Multi- Combustion Chamber design
- Even tower (chamber) design
- 95- 96% Thermal Energy Recovery (TER)
- Multiple Heat exchange media layers specific for the application
- Forced draft fan design
- Regenerative Catalytic Oxidizer (RCO)
- Unique, on line, full flow, bake out + catalyst regeneration system
- Multiple burner control – uniform temperature profile
- Thermal Alignment Feature
- Excess Retention Time at purification temperature
- Convenient access for maintenance and inspections
NESTEC’s improvements have made it possible to remain in regulatory compliance while continuing to turn a profit.
In particular, Uniform Airflow throughout the entire RTO/RCO unit is essential for maximizing performance:
- Multi-burner control
- Multi-layer media
- Media entry distributor
- Symmetrical Center media bed entry and exit
- Contour valve entry
- Larger valve sizing
If the Flow Control Valves do not work, the entire RTO/RCO unit does not work. A simple, rugged, and reliable valve design will maximize performance and insure maximum up time:
- Single fast acting actuator per chamber
- Shaft spring shock absorption
- Thermal expansion compensation
- Disc leaf spring design to help absorb seat closure
- Open and close valve position switches
- No leak housing shaft seal
- Zero or nil seat leakage
- Self cleaning seats
- Heated disk
- Large, fast opening valve access door
A Single Actuator, center horizontal shaft poppet valve design, located centrally, beneath the heat recovery chambers promotes uniform air distribution into and out of the heat recovery chambers with a single valve disk, actuator, and dual seat per chamber.
NESTEC‘s RTO / RCO design has optimized the benefits of the heat recovery media, simplified the flow control, and condensed the configuration into a smaller prepackaged unit, greatly improving on the original design.
NESTEC’s decades of experience with RTO / RCOs designs have cultimated in solutions that offer:
- Smaller, more compact units with a lower capital investment
- 30-50% reductions in energy consumption
- Increased destruction efficiency
- Shop-assembled modules or skid mounted units with a shorter field-installation time
- Increased reliability
- Decreased maintenance requirements
Together, NESTEC’s improvements have made it possible to remain in regulatory compliance while continuing to turn a profit.
Please find below the testimonial. It was a pleasure to work with you.
In 2013 Nestec, Inc. built a 100.000 and a 150.000 DSCFM RCO on our Georgia Biomass site in Waycross, Georgia. During the 6 month construction period Nestec proved to be a very supportive and knowledgeable partner. The Nestec management team and employees displayed a positive attitude and focus. Despite the challenging schedule, Nestec completed the job safely, within budget and the time frame allotted. On top of that, the RCO systems proved excellent performances over a 4 day test period. Nestec is a reliable and trustworthy company. We made the right decision by choosing Nestec as contractor for this project. It is my recommendation that they be considered for future projects.
Corné Schilt – Project Manager RWE Georgia Biomass
For assistance from our extensive experience, call or e-mail NESTEC Inc. for a free evaluation of your VOC control equipment needs.
Jim Nester, CEO: email@example.com
Rick Reimlinger, Vice President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rodney L. Pennington, PE, Vice President of Key Accounts: email@example.com
William Holden, Aftermarket & Services Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply