RTOs, ever since their invention, have generally provided the best and most economical air emission control. Their efficiency and flexibility have been enhanced over the years by a multitude of features such as variable energy recovery (VER), chamber flushing, natural gas injection, valve sealing, bake-out, idle mode, recirculation, and others. So it’s important to realize that RTO development is always continuing — and that many of the most recently developed features can be applied to already operating RTOs.
In fact, you can reduce your operating costs and increase performance by optimizing, upgrading, refurbishing and/or fine-tuning your existing RTO equipment with the latest NESTEC MCC RTO features, techniques, technologies, and energy-savings concepts.
More than 6,000 existing thermal oxidizers are potential candidates for these increased profits. Existing oxidizer equipment can be rebuilt to improve performance and/or capacity, potentially eliminating the need for new oxidizer equipment.
The NESTEC MCC RTO design features include:
- Additional fuel energy savings with Thermal Alignment Programing design
- Combustion air on ratio control
- Valve cycle timing control
- Premixed natural gas injection system
- Forced draft fan
- Hotter inlet valve surfaces to minimize/eliminate condensable build up on the valve
- Heat exchange media support with thermal expansion design compensation, and uniform air flow distribution
- 96 percent thermal energy recovery (TER) design, a 20 percent reduction in fuel over a 95 percent (TER) design
- Full process flow with incremental on line bake out capability
- 98+ percent destruction removal efficiency (DRE)
- RCO catalyst
- Modular design to minimize shipping and installation costs
What’s more, the MCC RTO optional natural gas or propane NGE system has dramatically improved the overall operating safety, reduced the potential of CO emissions and increased performance of the RTO.
Fine-tuning the RTO with one or several of the above features can reduce the fuel consumption by 8–40 percent. On a large RTO application, this can amount up to $200,000 per year in fuel savings, even at today’s natural gas cost.
Call or e-mail NESTEC for a free evaluation of your VOC control equipment needs:
Jim Nester, president: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rodney Pennington, vice president of special projects: email@example.com
Jeremy Redcay, services manager: firstname.lastname@example.org