Innovation. It’s the process of creating something new, different, transformative—and when done right—better. In engineering, economics, business, and government policy, true innovation implies a substantial development has taken place, not a superficial change. The term refers equally to both radical and incremental changes to products, processes, or services.
The unspoken goal of innovation is to solve a problem using a wholly new idea, product, or method.
In the field of air emission control, innovation is what NESTEC does best. Our product development practices are thoughtfully directed at continually discovering new and Smarter Solutions for Clean Air. We are always striving to reimagine industry challenges to find better ways to meet the latest technical and regulatory requirements, recognize unarticulated needs, and exceed current performance and efficiency standards.
NESTEC’s familiarity with Regenerative Thermal and Catalytic Oxidizers (RTO/RCOs) is a field of knowledge acquired over many years of actual practice. We leverage our superior understanding and mastery of oxidizer equipment when designing NESTEC’s innovative RTO/RCO design features.
NESTEC’s unique, innovative poppet valve assembly opens the door to RTO 99% DRE (destruction removal efficiency) with a fast acting, simple, rugged, reliable, and easily accessible valve assembly. Features and benefits include:
- One valve for both inlet and outlet control
- Three separate cushion designs to prevent slamming into the seat
- Self-cleaning heated seat
- Thermal expansion during all operating conditions
- Self-aligning shaft and actuator
- Hinged, easy access door
- Availability of locally fabricated replacements components
- Usage of NESTEC warehouse inventoried components
- Elimination of expensive, complicated, machined rotary valve RTO designs
- Elimination of extensive down time for repairs and/or replacement of a rotary valve RTO design
NESTEC’s innovative heat recovery media support and uniform air flow distribution nozzle assembly features:
- External support beams out of the process air flow and temperature
- Individual RTO-specific air flow nozzles that insure maximum uniform air flow into the heat exchange bed
- Six (6) point (middle and both ends) easy access inspection ports to the media bed and support
- Elimination of thermal expansion and failure problems associated with other RTO media support designs with internal beams in the process flow
- Elimination of poor air flow distribution in the media bed and the associated hot spots due to organic build up during bake out
Additional NESTEC innovative designs include:
- Auto-Thermal Alignment Control, which can reduce fuel consumption by as much as 10-15% on a typical 95% TER RTO
- On-line bake out, which eliminates lost production time
- Remote monitoring systems that can detect potential problems and minimize increased energy consumption with online program changes to the RTO equipment
Several other innovative design features are available. Contact NESTEC for a free evaluation of your RTO needs and to find out how much greater efficiency, cost savings, and performance your equipment can achieve.
For additional details from NESTEC’s extensive experience, call or e-mail NESTEC Inc. (Office: 610-323-7670) for a free evaluation of your RTO/RCO.
Jim Nester, CEO: email@example.com
Rick Reimlinger, Vice President: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rodney L. Pennington, PE, Vice President of Key Accounts: email@example.com
William Holden, Aftermarket & Services Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org