Regenerative thermal and catalytic oxidizer (RTO/RCO) designs have evolved over the past nearly half century with the basic objective of improving performance and reducing overall operating and capital costs. Each generation of oxidizers offered unique features and benefits. Unknown to many vendors, however, several of these valuable features were lost in their next generation of design — or they would have been if not for NESTEC’s innovative (multi-combustion chamber) MCC RTO-RCO DESIGN.
NESTEC captured the best and most economical features from 47 years of oxidizer technology thanks to the staff’s 350+ years of combined experience with these technologies going back to 1975.
Many of NESTEC’s staff grew up with the RTO-RCO evolution. Their decades of experience has been leveraged to perfect the MCC RTO-RCO, achieving industry-leading optimization of performance and operation.
- Simple, Rugged, Fast-acting Poppet Valves
- If the Flow Control Valves do not function reliably, the entire RTO-RCO unit does not work. A sturdy and dependable valve design maximizes performance and ensures maximum uptime.
- Shop pre-assembled and tested
- Single actuator per chamber
- Minimize un-combusted VOC during chamber reversal (fast-acting)
- Virtually no valve leakage
- Self-cleaning seats
- Disk spring shock absorption
- Easy open hinged access doors
- Uniform air flow distribution through the MCC RTO-RCO
- Multi-Combustion Chamber (MCC) design
- Even tower (chamber) design
- 95- 96% Thermal Energy Recovery (TER)
- Multiple heat exchange media layers specific for the application
- Forced draft fan design
- Regenerative Catalytic Oxidizer (RCO)
- Unique online bake out and catalyst regeneration system
- Multiple burner control – uniform media temperature profile
- Thermal alignment feature
- Substantial fuel savings
- Excess Retention Time at purification temperature
- Easy access for maintenance and inspections
NESTEC’s MCC RTO-RCO optimizes the benefits of the heat recovery media, simplifies the flow control valves, and condenses the configuration into a smaller prepackaged unit, greatly improving on the original design. NESTEC’s deep staff experience with oxidizer technology has resulted in MCC RTO-RCO designs that offer:
- A smaller, more compact unit for a lower capital investment
- A 30-50% reduction in energy consumption
- Increased destruction efficiency
- Shop-assembled modules or skid-mounted units with a shorter field installation time
- Increased reliability
- Fewer maintenance requirements
Together, NESTEC’s improvements have made it possible for industry to remain in regulatory compliance without compromising profitability.
If you have an application that requires air pollution control and energy conservation and want to select your solution from a list of options that will meet your specific needs: Contact NESTEC for a free process analysis and proposal.
For assistance call or e-mail NESTEC Inc. (Office: 610-323-7670) for a free evaluation of your VOC control equipment needs. (https://www.nestecinc.com)
Leave a Reply